Mixed Berry Smoothie
1 cup Mixed Berries, frozen
1 banana, frozen
½ cup vanilla or plain yoghurt
½ cup milk of choice
½ tbsp. chia seeds
1. Add frozen berries, banana, yoghurt, milk, and chia seeds to a blender.
2. Cover and blend until thick and smooth.
3. Adjust with more milk to achieve desired consistency.
For a sweeter smoothie, add some honey or maple syrup until desired sweetness is achieved.
Four ingredient banana pancakes
Serves 2 people
2 ripe bananas
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp baking powder
Fresh fruit & maple syrup to serve
1. Add bananas, eggs, oats, and baking powder to a blender.
2. Cover and blend until smooth.
3. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Grease pan with butter or cooking oil
5. Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden on each side.
6. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm while you fry the remaining mixture.
7. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.
Have fun with the batter! Try mixing in some choc chips, frozen berries, dried fruit or vanilla extract after blending the batter.
300g spinach (or 1 pre-packaged bag)
1 punnet strawberries, halved
1 generoushandful walnuts
100g Feta (½ block), crumbled Dressing
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Honey or sugar
Salt & pepper
1. Toast the walnuts on a frying pan, until they
smell fragrant. Transfer to a chopping board and
2. Prepare the dressing: In a jar or small mixing
bowl, whisk or shake together all of the dressing
ingredients. Adjusting ratios depending on
preference. (If you like your dressing sharper use less oil)
3. In a large serving bowl, add the spinach, strawberries and dressing. Drizzle half the dressing and toss to coat the leaves. Add more dressing if needed to suit your preferences.
4. Add the feta and walnuts. Toss lightly to combine.
If you’d like to make the salad more substantial, add some shredded chicken, quinoa, lentils, chickpeas or farro.