Emotion is what makes us human. Suffering following a trauma or a stressful and difficult time in one’s life is only to be expected. Psychologists can help in these instances by using different types of therapy techniques.
What are WorkCover Psychologists?
As a part of the worker’s compensation scheme, you may be entitled to Psychologist treatment services in relation to your injury if it is recommended by your treating Doctor.
Are you a referring Doctor?
If so, it may be appropriate to consider referring to The Centre for Effective Living because we are WorkCover-accredited psychologists.
As per WorkCover guidelines, we will take steps to ensure that all treatment can be deemed “reasonably and necessary” in relation to the work injury.
Are you an Employer?
Our psychologists strictly adhere to the WorkCover guidelines for psychological treatment to ensure all services are “reasonable and necessary” and time-limited.
We help Employees and other Workers:
- manage high-stress jobs (e.g. emergency services, army, mining)
- recover from workplace trauma and other psychological injuries
- reduce work-related stress and interpersonal conflict
- manage difficult work relationships
- improve job functioning and performance
- career development or change
- return to work after an injury or extended absence
- recover from redundancy or dismissal
- reduce psychological barriers to career advancement or change
We help Employers and Supervisors:
- assess employees’ job capacity and workplace functioning
- assess and manage workplace threats
support employees with a psychological injury
- develop return to work plans following a psychological injury
- resolve workplace conflict and disputes
- develop team/group dynamics
- improve workplace culture
We help the Unemployed to:
- explore suitable job preferences and career options
- assess their job suitability and readiness
- assess their capabilities and functioning
- reduce psychological barriers to employment, training or education
- cope with long-term unemployment and financial stress
- problem-solve effectively to overcome setbacks and challenges in gaining employment
Christian Psychologists SydneyLooking Upwards With You
Therapy with a Christian Worldview
Spirituality is something that means different things to different people. There is good support to suggest that having a spiritual dimension brings about some positive impact to mental health. Not everyone believes in a higher power and we understand that this is so. The Centre For Effective Living offers a service to all segments of community and do not prejudice or bias our therapy. We have found that there has been an increase in the community who seek Psychologists of similar faith backgrounds and to this we offer a service to those who seek a therapist of a Christian faith.